About Bacchus Restaurant Mdina
Situated in the heart of Mdina, your first encounter into the restaurant is a delightful dining area behind an iron ‘Portcullis’. Bacchus is housed in the two chambers built by Grand Master Fra Martino De Redin in between 1657 and 1660 as gunpowder magazines for the main fortified bastion built by him to fortify the Old City of Mdina.
The chambers are double vaulted and have preserved their original characteristics.
They were built in between original Roman settlement walls dating back to the 1st century and the Arab wall dating back to the 10th century. All original features have been retained.
Situated in the heart of Mdina, Bacchus has been preparing and serving quality food for the last thirty five years. These aristocratic chambers have been transformed into the perfect environment for enjoying a first class meal with warm service. The extensive menu features dishes from the Mediterranean, together with signature dishes which have proved favourites amongst patrons for 35 years.
Upstairs from the restaurant dining area is a banqueting room, which will comfortably seat 500 guests. This watches over a beautiful garden which itself overlooks Mdina. These gardens and banqueting room are frequently used for private functions, banqueting and wedding receptions. All of the catering is carried in-house, and a stand-up reception can easily be arranged for in excess of 1000 guests! The actual size of this incredible property and its gardens equate to approximately one twelfth of the whole of Mdina.